home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Monday, August 27, 2007

Healthy Tip #2 EAT

My healthy changes baby step number 2 is to eat in a timely manner.
Taco
What I mean by that is this. If you eat before you go to bed your body processes all the calories you just ate and stores them in the body. So my first eating tip is ....

Don't eat less than 3 hours before going to bed.

You will be going to bed just slightly hungry. By doing this, your body will now work all night burning fat for energy rather than the carbs you just ate.
My second eating tip is .....

Don't eat less than 2 hours before working out.

When you work out (walk, run , whatever) right after you eat, you end up burning up the calories you just ate. While that might be convenient if you really splurged and need to lower you blood sugar levels. However, you won't touch your body fat.
If you have been dieting and working out and are not losing any more weight, try watching your eating, sleeping and work out times.
I have tried this now for 3 weeks and have lost about 9 pounds. I make sure that I get a big drink of water before I work out and a big drink after. Then I eat a sensible snack.

(remember that I am not a Doctor and you should always talk to yours before you do any serious health changes in your life.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...