home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jeddie's Fabulous Fish Sticks

The idea for this recipe came from my little boy's Sesame Street Cookbook. Oscar has a great fish stick recipe in there and we adapted it to what we had on hand.

Jeddies Fabulous Fish Sticks


Jeddie's Fabulous Fish Sticks

Fish Fillets - cut into strips (talapia, cod, and orange roughy are good)
milk
flour
bread crumbs
seasoning mix (we like Mrs. Dash Table Blend)
pepper
butter

Cut your fish into eatable strips (what ever size you like).
Set out 4 pie tins or deep plates
-In the first one put milk
-In the second put flour
-In the third put the bread crumbs and the seasonings (I started with 1 cup crumbs and about 1 tsp seasoning and had to keep adding but we use lots of fish). Pour the melted butter (about 1/4 cup) over the crumbs and mix together.

Dip the fish pieces in this order
1-milk
2- flour
3- milk (quickly so it doesn't get soggy)
4- Bread crumbs, seasoning, and butter mix

Then put them on a baking sheet.

Bake at 450 deg F for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how thick the fish is.
They are done when the fish fakes apart with a fork. We noticed that the fish looked a little "soft" when the timer went off but that it firmed up as it rested a little on the tray. Test it with a fork.
Serve with your favorite sauce.
Ours is store bought tar tar sauce. I know I should be making my own but I haven't found and remembered a recipe I like yet.
We are open to suggestions. :o)

Another great cookbook to use with children is Kid's Favorites Made Healthy.

6 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

I really love your blog! Love the music too, the only blog I read that I don't scroll down and turn the music off. I am playing catch up tonight, because for months I could not get your blog to load. So glad I got you back. The fish looks amazing! Can't wait to give it a try.

Lucy said...

Thank you! I love my music too and it makes me happy that you do too. :o) I had noticed that you hadn't commented in a while. Nice to "see" you again. Good luck with the diet. They make me nuts.

Anonymous said...

Tartar sauce - borrow Mom's Joy of Cooking and try the Remoulade sauce. I add a little fresh-squeezed lemon juice and cayenne pepper to mine.

Also try a little parmesan in the bread crumbs. :):)

Lil

Lucy said...

Lil - I will try that. I do add Parm cheese to my chicken nuggets. Jonny pours melted butter, herbs, and fresh squeezed lemon on his fish. His is fried and is pure heaven in the mouth. :o) You should come visit again and have him cook for you. :o)

S and family said...

I found your blog tonight for the first time and enjoyed your playlist so much that I kept it playing in a window for about 45 minutes. You have awesome taste in music! So nice to find a kindred spirit.

Lucy said...

"s" Thank you! You made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...