home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Date Nut Bar Recipe

Today I indulged in a Bennion Family Tradition.

My Mother's Date Nut Bars.

Date Nut Bars

These are pure heaven.

Here is the recipe.

Date Nut Bars
3 eggs
1 Cup Sugar (I used Sucanant)
1 Cup Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup chopped dates

Beat the eggs well. Add the sugar and beat until it is thick.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in well.
Add the chopped dates and nuts. Mix in well.
Pour batter into a well buttered 9x13" cake pan.
Bake at 350* F. for 20-25 minutes.
When it is done, pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top of the hot bars.
Dust the top with powdered sugar.

The original recipe said to take the bars from the pan, dip them in melted butter, and then roll them in powdered sugar.
My way is a little better for you. :o) You choose.
I figured that next time I would use some whole wheat flour and add some flax seeds for good measure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try these. I use to work at a bakery and they made delicious date bars.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...