1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 425 deg F. Butter muffin tins.
- Combine dry ingredients, except 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar, in a bowl and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, toss 1 Tbsp of the dry stuff with the blueberries and set aside.
- After butter has cooled slightly, stir in milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir until well moistened. Stir in berries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with reserved sugar.
- Bake 15 min until golden brown. Let muffins stand 5 minutes before removing from tins.
There are a few more lovely Blueberry recipes to come, IF, I can get pictures of them before my family snarfs them all.