home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Crab Salad

Confession: I post recipes here because I lose things and there are some recipes that I am lost without. This is one of them. I have spent days looking for this recipe so I could take it to my Quilt Guild's Christmas Party tonight and FINALLY found it. So..... I am posting this recipe here so I will be able to find it next time I want it AND because it is so fabulous I want to share it with my readers too.

Jill's Crab Salad
I got this from my daughter's best friend's mom. She has lost an amazing amount of weight in the past few years and when I asked her what her secret was, she said it was a handful of recipes that she loved, that were good for her, and safe to eat (meaning you aren't going to hurt any diet by eating them). They also have a good balance of fats and proteins which fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied. Combined with smart carbs, you have a great meal.

So..... Here is the fabulous crab salad recipe.

Jill's Crab Salad

1 cup imitation crab meat chunked
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup cottage cheese
vinegar (a dash to taste)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix together and enjoy.
This is great with veggies, crackers, and a slice of fresh bread and a cup of V8 juice.

5 comments:

Marylois said...

This looks wonderful and low fat too.

Shelly said...

I too have lost a lot of weight-almost 80 pounds!

I have a question about this recipe -- how many servings is does it make?

Thanks!
Shelly

Lucy said...

It was a hit last night! yea!
I am sorry I don't know what a serving is on this. I am assuming 1/2 cup or so because it is basically carb free. You can look up the ingredients though. It is very South Beach friendly.

Shelly said...

Thanks so much! I will do that!

Clara said...

I agree with all the yummys to go with it except the V8 juice! Blech!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...