I actually had a dream about this apron the other day (must have seen one somewhere) and decided it was just the thing for September.
This one is almost too simple to tutorial but I will at least let you know what I did.
bias tape binding
1" twill tape
1. Cut the leg off an old pair of jeans. Cut up the inside seam and open the pant leg out flat.
2. Cut the top of the apron the width you want for your chest. I used 12".
Then I tapered that down to the width at the waist.
3. Fold the pant leg in half now and trim up all the edges evenly. You will also want to clean up the bottom of the apron with a nice curve.
4. Now trim out all the edges of the sides and bottom with the Bias tape. I used wide double fold bias binding. I used the 3 stitch zig-zag just for fun.
5. Now add your straps. I used a grommet press because there was one on my counter top, just begging me to use it. I then added the twill tape. You can use ribbon or fabric or what ever you want. Just make sure you make them long enough to tie at the neck and waist.
Now you are done! Too cute and too fun!
I have a couple extra for sale at My Little Byrd Nest
and Mama Byrd Creations.