These pincushions just make me happy! I love carrots.
This should be a fast, easy, and painless tutorial. (if I don't talk too much)
1. Make yourself a carrot template. You want a pie shaped piece. The angle of this triangle is about 45 deg. The sides are 9 inches long and the top is about 7 inches across. These are abouts. You want to make sure that the top side is curved like a pie piece though.
2. Cut out your carrot.
3. Fold the carrot in half and stitch along the long side. 1/4" seam allowance.
4. Turn the carrot right side out. To get the point you are really going to have to dig it out with a pin or something. Be careful and don't push too hard and rip you carrot tip.
5. Stuff the carrot. Start by putting tiny pieces in there and packing them in tight. You can then add bigger pieces but pack them in tight and keep squeezing and re-shaping the carrot as you go. You really want it tight.
6. Take strong thread and make a gathering stitch across the top of the carrot. Pull it tight and stitch it in place and tie it off.
7. Tear off a strip of green fabric about 1" by about 12". Fold it in half and knot it near the ends.
8. Stitch the carrot stem in place securely.
Garage Organization System Plans
9 hours ago