home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Friday, July 18, 2008

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

I have always loved a good bowl of oatmeal and am so thrilled to see so many varieties on the shelves now. I just don't like the sugar they add to the mix. I would rather be in control of that part of it.

A Friend of mine clued me into a great oatmeal mix that you can make from home. It is made with few ingredients that you just might have at home already.
Oatmeal Recipe

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
(one serving)

1/2 cup old fashion oats
1/2 water
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
1/2 apple
2 tbsp nuts
Cinnamon to taste

I put the oats in the blender and give them a quick pulse. Then I put the oats, milk, water and salt into my saucepan and heat on Med-high. I stir constantly as I bring it to a boil. Remove from heat when it starts to thicken up. It will thicken more as it cools.
I put the nuts and the apple in the blender or food processor and chop fine. Then stir the nuts and apple into hot oatmeal. I sprinkle with cinnamon and stir it all up and eat it all up.
You can add some honey, brown sugar, sucanant or stevia if you want it sweeter. I like it just the way it is and like it best with a Fuji apple because they are so sweet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...