- What is easiest for you to do in no time flat?
- What are you willing to eat? (that sounds weird but if you can't deal with cereal than don't think of it as an option)
- What can you fix in advance to make breakfast a snap (ie. freezing and warming up stuff)
- What can your family help do when time permits? (Saturday or Sunday morning traditions that everyone participates in, learning great self help skills)
So with that in mind here is what I came up with:
- Sunday - Cereal/granola (busiest day of the week for me with church so we need a no stress breakfast)
- Monday - Cereal/Granola (we are all dead heads on Monday so we can slide into our day without too much stress.)
- Wednesday - Oatmeal
- Thursday - Biscuits, eggs, sausage
- Friday - Eggs and Toast
- Saturday - Pancakes, waffles, or something fun like that
Now each of these meals has many variations. I might stick muffins in place of biscuits, or we might have biscuits and sausage gravy instead of eggs. The egg and toast day could be any kind of bread (bagels, muffins, etc) and any way of fixing eggs (boiled, scrambled, fried, toad in the hole, etc.) The oatmeal is always from scratch with old fashion oats and we add things we have fresh on had to it.
I have lots of different recipes I use and have posted many of them here under good food and breakfast.